Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Café Hopping Round Two

My posts are completely out of order lately, but oh well. This one is definitely worth posting about.

A couple of weeks ago, Faith, Jake, and I decided to go café hopping again. Jake was apparently really jealous of the first trip that Faith and I went on, so we decided to let him tag along this time.

Our first stop was the Cocoa Bean. It's a cute little place that sells cupcakes, cocoa (obviously), Italian sodas, and frozen lemonades. We all tried different cupcakes. My lemon blueberry cupcake was divine. Seriously. So freaking good. My passion peach lemonade wasn't half bad either. Faith and Jake liked their cupcakes, too.


Our next stop was Eliane's French Bakery. This was a tip from my boss, and though they didn't have macarons like I wanted, my piece of peach cake was super yummy. It was a good thing Faith and Jake both speak French, though—the man who helped us barely spoke any English. I had no idea what was going on. But I got my cake, and it was good, so that's all that really matters, right?



Jake was having so much fun, can you tell? (He really was, I promise.)




Our third and final stop was the Chocolate. Jake really wanted to go, so Faith and I condescended to go again. Because it was such a difficult choice, you know. It was just as cute as the first time, and my lemon bar was delicious. Unfortunately, I couldn't finish it what with all of the other yummy things I had eaten that day.

I think they were going into a sugar coma.

 

It was a really fun trip. I think the next time we go café hopping, we're going to see what West Valley/Magna has to offer, since Faith is leaving me this summer, and I'll probably have to go up north to see her.

1 comment:

Cora Newman said...

Okay, so Gillian and I went to the Cocoa Bean on Wednesday night and we each got the Caramel Apple Pie cupcakes (that's all they had left) and it was no joke. The best cupcake I've ever had in my life!