I know I've been engaged for too long when another couple gets engaged and announces that they're getting married in two months, and my first thought is, "Dang! I'm so jealous!" If Andrew and I had done a two-month engagement, we would have been married for nearly two months by now. Which would be so nice.
But at the same time, I know that we did what worked best for us. Everything has fallen pretty perfectly into place so far, so I can't complain too much. And besides, it's only six weeks away! In 43 days I will be a married woman. And I seriously cannot wait.
Thursday, January 3, 2013
2012 was such an eventful year that I thought I would post some of the highlights. And because this makes for a bit of a change from the regular resolutions posts.
Apartment 330 (and one Andrew Conelly) were put into my FHE group. I had no idea how significant this would become at the time.
Did this amazing alien balloon head dance with Cora and Brittany. Because we're amazing.
Went shooting for FHE. It was my very first time.
Met a duck at the park.
Was in a photoshoot.
Got a new hairdo.
Saw the Black Keys live, and it was loads of fun.
Saw the Civil Wars live. And they were amazing.
Got myself a boyfriend.
Left my boyfriend for ten days to go to Disneyland with my family.
Saw the Avett Brothers live.
Turned 25 and got an amazing gift from my amazing boyfriend.
Saw Mumford & Sons live, which is where I decided I was in love with Andrew.
Met Andrew's parents. And got engaged!
Found my amazing wedding dress that I love oh so much.
Found an apartment for Andrew and me.
Celebrated Thanksgiving with my family.
Took engagement photos.
Celebrated a wonderful Christmas with both of our families.
Is that a great year or what? I have no complaints. I can't believe how blessed I've been.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
While being engaged certainly negatively affected the number of books I read this year, it created a substantial increase in the number of movies I watched. I love cuddling with Andrew, and that is best done while watching movies. There were probably countless more movies I could have added, except that I fell asleep during them and couldn't bring myself to truthfully say that I watched them. That's another thing Andrew has done to me. I never used to fall asleep during movies until I started dating him. He's just so comfortable. And then he falls asleep, and I just can't fight it.
- 17 Again (Okay, I know this is a goofy teen flick, but Zac Efron is hot.)
- Moneyball x2 (I'm a total sucker for inspirational sports films.)
- The Help (OMGosh, this movie was amazing. I cried. A lot.)
- Night at the Museum: The Battle for the Smithsonian (I may have fallen asleep halfway through, but I'll count it anyway.)
- O Brother, Where Art Thou? (Still funny. Always and forever funny.)
- Ironman 2 (Robert Downey, Jr., is SO HOT.)
- Real Steel (Hugh Jackman is SO HOT.)
- Amazing (I miss Jimmer. I really, really do.)
- The Hunger Games x4 (Yes, twice. In 24 hours. I liked it better the second time.)
- The Woman in Black x3 (This movie was weird. And creepy. I'm still not sure how I feel about it.)
- X-Men: First Class
- Crazy, Stupid, Love x2 (Ryan Gosling. So. Hot.)
- Sydney White
- Much Ado About Nothing
- The Avengers x3 (Awesome movie with so. many. attractive. men. Yeesh.)
- Footloose (I'll stick to the original, thanks.)
- 10 Things I Hate About You (Love this movie.)
- While You Were Sleeping
- Back to the Future Part I (These movies simply never get old.)
- The Illusionist
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Indiana Jones is the best. Hands down.)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Cowabunga!)
- A Goofy Movie (Ah, childhood memories.)
- Stranger Than Fiction
- Brave (Super cute movie. I very much enjoyed it.)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (Go ninja, go ninja, go!)
- The Amazing Spider-Man x2
- Back to the Future Part II
- Batman Begins
- The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition x2 (Four hours of pure awesomeness. I love these movies.)
- Back to the Future Part III
- The Dark Knight
- The Dark Knight Rises x3 (SO. EFFING. GOOD. OH MY GOSH.)
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- The Devil Inside (Super dumb movie with a horrible ending.)
- Paranormal Activity 2 (Freaky, yes, but not quite as scary as it was built up to be.)
- Juno (Love this movie. So much.)
- The Muppets
- The Artist (Really good, but didn't quite live up to the hype surrounding it.)
- 50/50 (Way better than I expected it to be. Though there were far too many f-words.)
- The Two Towers Extended Edition
- Warrior (LOVE this movie)
- Premium Rush (Pretty good movie. Plus, I just love Joseph Gordon-Levitt.)
- Country Strong
- The Princess Bride
- Cabin in the Woods (What a freakin' weird movie.)
- This Means War
- The Amityville Horror (Who knew Ryan Reynolds could be so creepy?)
- Paranormal Activity 4 (Pretty dang creepy, I must say.)
- The Incredibles
- Contagion (I've never been more aware of just how many things I touch throughout the day.)
- Hocus Pocus
- Tower Heist
- V for Vendetta
- Black Hawk Down
- Event Horizon (Such a weird movie.)
- Skyfall (I thought this movie was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed it.)
- Silver Linings Playbook (This movie was fantastic. I loved it.)
- Looper (This was far more intense than I expected. Some parts were rather difficult to watch. But it was a fascinating premise.)
- Lawless (Good movie, but almost too much for me to handle.)
- The A-Team
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
- The Hobbit
- 24 Season 4
- 24 Season 5 (Ho.ly.crap. Just when you think things can't get crazier, they...well...just do.)
- 24 Season 6 (The crazy just gets crazier.)
- 24 Season 7 (You'd think the writers would run out of crazy at some point. But they don't.)
- 24 Season 8 (It ended in a very 24 kind of way. Jack Bauer on the run. It makes sense.)
- Parks and Rec Season 1 x2 (How have I not discovered this show sooner?! So dang funny!)
- The Walking Dead Season 2 (I watched it live, but I'll include it because HOLY CRAP. What a way to end the season.)
- Parks and Rec Season 2 (I am officially in love with this show. It's fantastic.)
- Parks and Rec Season 3 x2
- Harper's Island (I think watching this show has become a summer thing now.)
- Breaking Bad Season 1 (This show is INTENSE.)
- Parks and Rec Season 4 x2
- Grey's Anatomy Season 1 (This is quickly becoming a guilty pleasure.)
- Dexter Season 7 (It's the only season of the show I've watched. And it's kind of crazy.)
- Grey's Anatomy Season 2
I might as well continue what I started in 2011, so here is the list of books I read in 2012. I am quite disappointed that I didn't beat last year's number, but I guess getting engaged is a good enough reason not to read quite as many books. At least I cracked 30. For a while there, I wasn't sure I would even reach that point.
- Monsters & Mormons by various authors (This is a compilation of sci-fi, fantasy, and other genres with Mormon tropes. Some stories were really good, others not so much.)
- Psion Beta (Psions #1) by Jacob Gowans (Eh, it was all right. It was most definitely self-published.)
- Lost Boys by Orson Scott Card (This book will stay with me for a very long time. It tore at my soul.)
- The Oz Principle by Craig Hickman, Roger Connors, and Tom Smith (I had to read this for work. It was really repetitive. And kind of boring.)
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel (Wow. The ending completely threw me for a loop.)
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connelly
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (I loved this. It was beautiful. Ness is definitely one of my favorite authors.)
- Atonement by Ian McEwan (Okay, so I didn't actually finish this book. But because I made it halfway through [to the sex scene, awesome blossom] and then made a conscious decision not to finish it, I'm including it on my list.)
- Fablehaven (Fablehaven #1) by Brandon Mull
- Rot & Ruin (Benny Imura #1) by Jonathan Maberry (Zombies! With a human twist. Definitely enjoyable.)
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (What a beautiful, hopeful, and heartbreaking book. Loved it.)
- Bossypants by Tina Fey (Tina Fey is hilarious. I seriously love her.)
- Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven #2) by Brandon Mull
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss (A book about punctuation. Right up my alley.)
- The Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford (What a beautiful, beautiful novel.)
- Partials (Partials #1) by Dan Wells (Awesome book. I seriously love Dan Wells.)
- Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven #3) by Brandon Mull
- Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven #4) by Brandon Mull (These books definitely get better as they go.)
- Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull (Fablehaven #5)
- Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt (I loved this. Absolutely loved it.)
- The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt (New favorite author. So good.)
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Dust & Decay (Benny Imura #2) by Jonathan Maberry
- The Hollow City by Dan Wells (Super interesting. Schizophrenia is scary, man.)
- Rumors of War (Children of the Promise #1) by Dean Hughes
- Since You Went Away (Children of the Promise #2) by Dean Hughes
- Far From Home (Children of the Promise #3) by Dean Hughes
- The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #3) by Rick Riordan
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire
- The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson