Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Being Single in Provo

So I was trying to think about what I could do to make my blog more interesting, or at the very least to give me something to write about on a fairly regular basis. I wanted something that is prevalent in my life right now, since that would give me the most material to draw from. So what can a single, 20-something Mormon girl write about? Well, that's easy.

Dating.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not going to start writing about what guys need to do to date better or be more willing to go on dates or what I want to see in a significant other. This isn't going to be some advice column. That's boring. But I feel like since I am single and Mormon and living in Provo, the mecca of Mormon singles, I might as well write about life here. I can't guarantee that I won't rant and rave about why guys suck. (Because they do. No offense, guys.) But I'm hoping to have some funny stories and reveal a bit about myself and why I suck at the dating game. (I just do. Don't worry; you'll see.)

I will definitely continue blogging about sports and all those other random things I blog about. I might start book/movie/music reviews. I want to start up my short fiction again. And who knows what else could show up? This is my blog, and as such, it should be about my life and my interests.

I have a glut of ideas for dating posts, so hopefully those will start showing up soon. And hopefully you won't judge me too harshly for writing what I think. Because I have no idea where this random idea is going to end up.

No comments: