Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Books of 2012

I might as well continue what I started in 2011, so here is the list of books I read in 2012. I am quite disappointed that I didn't beat last year's number, but I guess getting engaged is a good enough reason not to read quite as many books. At least I cracked 30. For a while there, I wasn't sure I would even reach that point.

  1. Monsters & Mormons by various authors (This is a compilation of sci-fi, fantasy, and other genres with Mormon tropes. Some stories were really good, others not so much.)
  2. Psion Beta (Psions #1) by Jacob Gowans (Eh, it was all right. It was most definitely self-published.)
  3. Lost Boys by Orson Scott Card (This book will stay with me for a very long time. It tore at my soul.)
  4. The Oz Principle by Craig Hickman, Roger Connors, and Tom Smith (I had to read this for work. It was really repetitive. And kind of boring.)
  5. Life of Pi by Yann Martel (Wow. The ending completely threw me for a loop.)
  6. The Book of Lost Things by John Connelly
  7. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (I loved this. It was beautiful. Ness is definitely one of my favorite authors.)
  8. Atonement by Ian McEwan (Okay, so I didn't actually finish this book. But because I made it halfway through [to the sex scene, awesome blossom] and then made a conscious decision not to finish it, I'm including it on my list.)
  9. Fablehaven (Fablehaven #1) by Brandon Mull
  10. Rot & Ruin (Benny Imura #1) by Jonathan Maberry (Zombies! With a human twist. Definitely enjoyable.)
  11. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
  12. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (What a beautiful, hopeful, and heartbreaking book. Loved it.)
  13. Bossypants by Tina Fey (Tina Fey is hilarious. I seriously love her.)
  14. Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven #2) by Brandon Mull
  15. Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss (A book about punctuation. Right up my alley.)
  16. The Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford (What a beautiful, beautiful novel.)
  17. Partials (Partials #1) by Dan Wells (Awesome book. I seriously love Dan Wells.)
  18. Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven #3) by Brandon Mull
  19. Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven #4) by Brandon Mull (These books definitely get better as they go.)
  20. Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull (Fablehaven #5)
  21. Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt (I loved this. Absolutely loved it.)
  22. The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt (New favorite author. So good.)
  23. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  24. Dust & Decay (Benny Imura #2) by Jonathan Maberry
  25. The Hollow City by Dan Wells (Super interesting. Schizophrenia is scary, man.)
  26. Rumors of War (Children of the Promise #1) by Dean Hughes
  27. Since You Went Away (Children of the Promise #2) by Dean Hughes
  28. Far From Home (Children of the Promise #3) by Dean Hughes
  29. The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #3) by Rick Riordan
  30. Wicked by Gregory Maguire
  31. The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson

No comments: