Monday, August 16, 2010

How did that happen?

There was a time when I was ridiculously anti-social in my current ward. When I would spend every evening in my apartment reading, or watching movies, or watching TV, completely by myself. Occasionally I would do something with my roommates, but for the most part, I kept to myself.

I wanted to make friends, but I didn't know how. I'm not the kind of person who can just walk up to people and start talking and make friends in the blink of an eye, like some people seem to do. So I kept to myself. I made a few acquaintances and talked to a few people at church, but that was about it.

Then my apartment had dessert club, where we had to provide dessert for the ward. People came in, ate, and left, while others came in, left, and mingled. We started a game of Signs with those who stayed behind, and after that, a lot of things changed for me.

I have had something to do nearly every night the past couple of weeks. My roommates and I have been invited to and have invited others to do all sorts of things, like watching movies, playing an assortment of games, going off the rope swing in Mona, going swimming, going to the hot pots in Midway, throwing a birthday party for Harry Potter, and going camping.

I haven't been this tired and sleep deprived in a very long time. But I also haven't had quite this much fun in a long time, either.




These pictures are ridiculously inadequate, but I really didn't feel like looking through a bunch of Facebook albums to find more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so glad things have gotten better. :)

Kristen Pace said...

Glad you're having fun! I know it was hard getting over the fact that I don't live with you anymore...so proud of you! :P