Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spending Money

This is slightly old news, but I haven't blogged about it yet, and I thought I would rectify that situation.
So I've been wanting to get myself a TV for a while now. I figured I might as well own one, seeing as how I've got a decent movie collection that is always growing and a Wii with some awesome games. It was kind of dumb that I was completely dependent on my roommates as to whether or not I could actually play the Wii. The only problem with this was that I didn't want just any TV; I wanted a nice one. Which, unfortunately, is expensive.

But about a month ago, I found a pretty decent deal on a 40" TV at Walmart. And I was a little impulsive and bought it.


It's pretty sweet—I like it a lot. It goes up to 1080p, so I was pretty stoked about that.

After this purchase, I realized that I didn't have a DVD player, which was a problem, what with my aforementioned movie collection. Again, I ran into the I-want-the-best-in-my-electronics syndrome, so I started looking around for a decently priced Blu-Ray player. Because let's be honest, Blu-Rays look pretty dang awesome. And . . . I found a refurbished Samsung for a pretty awesome price.


I thought I would have major buyer's remorse after these two pretty major purchases, but I was fortunately mistaken. I freaking love these things. That might make me materialistic or addicted to entertainment, but I kind of don't care, and I don't regret spending all of that money.

Except that now I have to be all adult and exercise self-restraint for a little while. How lame.

No comments: