Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This is why I can't find new TV shows

A couple of weeks ago, I signed up for a free month trial of Netflix so I could try out the instant streaming on my blu-ray player, which probably wasn't the wisest decision. Now that I have experienced the wonders of instant streaming, I'm not going to be able to say goodbye to it. I'm stuck paying that monthly fee now. Crap.

The other problem with instant streaming is that I have become completely addicted to another TV show. I guess it's not a terrible thing, since my last major obsession ended last year. There is no more "Lost" to fill my TV needs. But much to my joy, the first four seasons of "Bones" were on instant play on Netflix! I had watched a few episodes and I liked the show, but I hadn't allowed myself to get addicted. Until now.

Cora and I routinely watch at least two episodes a night. Our current record is seven episodes in a day. (Which, by the way, included going to church, taking naps, going to ward prayer, and playing games with a group of friends. That, my friends, is pretty impressive.) The show is ridiculously addicting. It's got a great mix of drama and comedy. They manage to crack jokes while looking at a mangled skeleton. I'm not sure how the writers pull it off, but they definitely succeed.

And besides the fact that the show is really funny (and also kind of creepy at times...pathological killers freak me out), Seeley Booth is friggin' hot. I don't care if this makes me sound like a teenager. I mean, look at him:


That's all the evidence needed. Plus, his character is fantastically attractive. And wears good jeans. Booth has fast become my favorite male TV character.

Basically, I'm completely addicted. I'm super excited for the new season to start next week. All I have to say is that if Booth and Bones don't get together in the first freaking episode, I'm going to be angry. They've dragged it out long enough. In the meantime, though, I'll satisfy my cravings by continuing to make my way through the first five seasons. Netflix instant streaming is pretty much the best/worst thing ever.

No comments: