Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Music Break 2011

I wrote this post about a year and a half ago that I stumbled upon recently, and I figure that enough time has elapsed for me to do another one. I think it's kind of fun to see what music I'm really enjoying at the moment. So, in no particular order, here are twenty of my current most favorite songs.
  1. "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles, Little Voice (This song is AMAZING. I have to train my voice so I can hit the ridiculously awesome note at the end of the bridge. It gives me chills.)
  2. "Black Sheep" by Metric, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (I wrote about this song here, and there's a video. Go listen.)
  3. "Neverland - Piano Variation in Blue" by Jan A.P. Kaczmarek, Finding Neverland (This soundtrack is beautiful. Gorgeous. Lovely. Incredible. My heart simply responds to it, and I don't have an adequate adjective in my vocabulary to describe it.)
  4. "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon, Only by the Night
  5. "Rocketeer" by Far East Movement ft. Ryan Tedder, Free Wired (Ryan Tedder's voice is simply awesome. I love him.)
  6. "Say (All I Need)" by OneRepublic, Dreaming Out Loud (Again, Ryan Tedder. Love love love.)
  7. "Come Home" by OneRepublic and Sara Bareilles (Ryan Tedder + Sara Bareilles = Magic. I can play this one on the piano, and I seriously need to find a man who can sing it with me, because the duet is brilliant.)
  8. "Coalwood" by Mark Isham, October Sky (This is another song that simply speaks to me. I've loved it since I first watched the movie when I was probably 11 or 12.)
  9. "Falling Slowly" by the Swell Season, Once (This whole soundtrack is fantastic, as is the movie.)
  10. "Forget You" by Cee Lo Green, The Lady Killer (This is a good sing-at-the-top-of-your-lungs song.)
  11. "Grenade" by Bruno Mars, Doowops & Hooligans (It's a little morbid, but I love it so.)
  12. "Airplanes" by B.o.B, B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray (I'm not the biggest rap fan, but I seriously love this album. It's great stuff.)
  13. "Mad" by Ne-Yo, The Year of the Gentleman
  14. "Animal" by Neon Trees, Habits (You gotta love the bands with ties to Provo.)
  15. "You Already Know" by Train, Save Me San Fransisco (The whole album is phenomenal, but this was the song that really jumped out at me.)
  16. "This Too Shall Pass" by Ok Go, Of the Blue Colour of the Sky (Awesome song by an awesome band that's even awesomer live.)
  17. "Poker Face" by Lea Michele and Idina Menzel, Glee (This duet is fantastic. I love singing to it.)
  18. "Already Gone" by Kelly Clarkson, All I Ever Wanted (This song was written by Ryan Tedder. Need I say more?)
  19. "Tribute" by Tenacious D, Tenacious D (While I would never recommend this entire album [way too many f-words], this song is simply hilarious, and I love it.)
  20. "Everyday" by Buddy Holly (What would this list be without a classic of some kind?)
Now I must ask everyone to glance over this list and realize that there is not one mention of either Sherwood or the Beatles. Amazing, no? That doesn't lessen my love for either of those bands, but I thought it was something worth noting.

1 comment:

Jake said...

I love that you included a song from Finding Neverland on your list. This is, like, the ONLY movie whose soundtrack I liked so much I actually bought the CD for it. Of course, now I can't find it...and I'm itching to listen to it again, thanks to your mention. :D