Thursday, December 17, 2009

Music Break

So I saw Anna do this on her blog forever ago, and I thought it was a fun idea, so I'm doing it too. This is a list of some of my very favorite songs. These are in no particular order; I'm just typing them as I think of them. This list is not inclusive by any means. I'm sure later on I'll think of other songs I should have put on the list instead.

Since we all know that I'm in love with Sherwood, my first three will be from them. I'm going to force myself to narrow it down to one song from each of their albums, but you should know that I love, love, LOVE each one of these albums so by mentioning them at all, I'm telling you to go check them out.

"The Town That You Live In" by Sherwood, Sing, But Keep Going. I seriously love this song.

"Song In My Head" by Sherwood, A Different Light. This was the song that got me into Sherwood in the first place. Listen at your own risk. You might just end up like me.

"Worn" by Sherwood with Molly Jenson, QU. Awesome song. I can play it on the guitar—now I just need to find a guy to sing it with.

"Let It Be" by The Beatles, Past Masters. I could fill this whole list with Beatles songs, but I won't.

"The Lion and the Teacup" by Bishop Allen, Grrr... This song was stuck in my head for about a month straight, I swear.

"The Jitterbug" by Harry Connick, Jr., Songs I Heard

"Does He Love You?" by Rilo Kiley, More Adventurous

"Whatever It Takes" by Lifehouse, Who We Are

"Two Points For Honesty" by Guster, Lost and Gone Forever. This is one of the many albums that my sister introduced me to when I was about 12, and I still absolutely love it.

"As Lovers Go" by Dashboard Confessional, A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar

"Lovers in a Dangerous Time" by Barenaked Ladies, Disc One: All Their Greatest Hits. "Gotta kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight" is probably my favorite song lyric of all time.

"Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts. Every girl needs a favorite angry-girl song. This one happens to be mine.

"Superman" by Five For Fighting, America Town

"The Luckiest" by Ben Folds, Rockin' the Suburbs

"Fever" by Peggy Lee,  The Best of Miss Peggy Lee

"Do You Realize" by The Reign of Kindo,  The Reign of Kindo EP

"Under Pressure" by David Bowie and Queen, Classic Queen

"Cold, Cold Heart" by Norah Jones, Come Away With Me

"Stoppin' the Love" by KT Tunstall, Eye to the Telescope


And because it's Christmas, here are five of my favorite Christmas songs:

"The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole, The Christmas Song. It's a classic.

"Hanukkah Blessings" by Barenaked Ladies, Barenaked for the Holidays. I know it's not a Christmas song, but since the guys in Barenaked Ladies are Jewish, they wrote a song about why they celebrate Hanukkah. It's an amazing song.

"I Pray On Christmas" by Harry Connick, Jr., When My Heart Finds Christmas. Harry has some amazing Christmas albums.

"Stille Nacht" by Mannheim Steamroller, Christmas. I love this version. It immediately puts me in the Christmas spirit.

"Christmas Time Is Here" by Vince Guaraldi Trio, A Charlie Brown Christmas. This whole album is amazing. If you haven't heard it, you're completely missing out.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I like this list, I should steal it for my blog. Also, I think the cougar BYU logo is awesome. It looks like the cougar is about to pøwn someone with his claws of righteous indignation.