Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Being a Kid Again

I found out about this book from a friend's Facebook profile. She had posted a picture of her copy of Wreck This Journal. She had done so many different things to this book, and I was completely intrigued, so I looked it up. And then I had to buy it. This seriously was the most fun I've ever had with a journal. Definitely a well-spent $13.


The cover. The doodling is all me. Not that exciting, I know.


Title page. Again, doodling by me.


Burning was fun. Even though I had to stomp on it to quench the flames.


Ooooh, pretty colors.
This was the first thing I did to the journal. It was very liberating for an anal-retentive bookkeeper like me.

"Collect the stamps off of all your mail."

This damage was done with a pumice stone. It was pretty effective.

Scribbling on the edges.

I dabbed this paint on more than dripped it, but the effect was similar.

I carry this book with me everywhere now, just in case I find something else fun to put in it/on it. I feel like I'm ten again, and it's incredibly fun.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I need one of these. Where did you find it?

Lindy said...

I got it at Barnes and Noble, and you can get it from Amazon.com.

Jonathan said...

Crazy book ruiner

Brian said...

I must have one of these! Looks like a hellacious time.