Monday, August 17, 2009

Homeless

It is official. I am homeless.

On Friday, I moved out of Bountiful Court, where I've spent the last two years of my life. It was a good place to live. A good place for me to live, to be more specific. But it's time to move on. So I bought a contract at Carriage Cove. Unfortunately, I can't move into Carriage Cove until August 24, a full ten days after I had to be out of Bountiful Court. (Don't ask me why Provo housing is so lame like that, because I have no idea.)

So in the interim, during which I am homeless, I moved all of my crap into my grandma's garage in Lehi. So for a week, I get to keep Grandma company. I keep telling myself that this is good because Grandma is often lonely, and she loves just knowing that someone is there to talk to, but it's also hard because I am bored. So bored. I forgot how just having roommates around helps dispel boredom when I've got nothing to do.

I will just keep thinking about the pluses about this arrangement:
  1. Grandma feeds me, which means free food for a week.
  2. There are no distractions, which means I get to bed at a decent hour every night.
  3. I have plenty of time to read, write in my journal, and play the piano, which is nice. I've already finished one book and am halfway through a second (The Book Thief—which is absolutely brilliant, by the way; expect a review of this one).
  4. I'm halfway between Provo and Salt Lake, so if I want to escape, I have better options than usual. (However, this also means that I have to drive half an hour to get somplace where I know people—I guess this one kind of goes both ways.)
The bottom line is, I should take advantage of the pluses while I've got them, because those things will most likely go away come next Monday. Unfortunately, I seriously can't wait for next Monday.

2 comments:

Maren said...

I totally agree with you! Think about it this way, though. At least you can drive, and escape without having to have someone come rescue you like some sort of lame person. :)

Jonathan said...

I can't wait either! Well, once the unpacking is done anyway. Wahoo!