Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Atonement

This is my proudest moment as a poet. I'm not a poet, so the fact that I wrote a decent sonnet is something for me to be proud of. Don't judge me too harshly, please.

The pain envelopes my pierced soul, a shroud
that puts all joy beyond my reach and makes
me tremble, cold, beneath the darkening cloud
of sin that hangs within me. Satan takes
my hand; he wants to claim me as his own.
Yet I resist, for in my heart I know
that I am not yet lost, not yet alone.
Oh Savior, hear my plea, to thee I go!
And then, a light shines brightly in my mind;
the mist is gone, my eyes see clearly now.
My Lord, my God, Redeemer of mankind,
has saved me, though unworthy, from my wo.
The tongue, inadequate, cannot express
the joy that comes through Him who felt the press.

1 comment: