Saturday, January 10, 2009

Blessed

I was talking to my mom on IM yesterday when my gmail notifier dinged. If you know the gmail notifier, you know it gives a little blurb that says the first few lines of the email and who sent it. All I saw was that this new email was from KLAS research and then the words "employment offer." I almost peed my pants. But I had to go and read the email (obviously) just to make sure I read it right. And I did! I got the editing job at KLAS! I was so excited, I can't even describe it. Excited and relieved and a little weepy.

And I realized that my whole working life I've been crazy lucky when it comes to job hunting. No, incredibly blessed. When I came to college, I already had a job lined up. I didn't even have to interview for it. I started on the same day I started college, and had it my entire college career. Then, the one summer I went home, I went a grand total of about a week without a job. And that was with leaving one temp job and having to find another one. And now, after graduating college, I get the second job I applied for, the first job I interviewed for. And the one that just happens to work perfectly with my internship and is in my field.

I can't help but be incredibly grateful. I know plenty of people who have been unemployed for months and who have tried much harder to find jobs than I have. Because to be honest, I haven't tried very hard at all. I applied for two jobs. Two. And yet the Lord sees fit to bless me. I don't know why, but I'm certainly not complaining.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

YAY! I didn't realize you had a blog. Now we can be blog buddies! I feel the same as you do. I have always been so blessed in finding employment. I hope that continues into the professional world...