Saturday, January 24, 2009

Funny Story

So the other day my roommate and I went to Chevron because one of my tires was low and I needed to fill it up. There were a couple guys in my apartment, and one of them asked, "Do you need any help?" I replied, "Thanks, but I think I can handle filling up my tire." I mean really, I'm not that helpless.

When we got to the air pump, there was this big ol' red truck sitting there ahead of us. We settled down to wait for them to finish, and then we realized that the truck was idling and the driver was still in the driver's seat. We got pretty annoyed. It was 10:30 pm, and we just wanted to fill up my tire and leave. I just wanted them to get out of my way so I could go back home.

Then a white truck pulled up next to the red truck. Two guys jumped out of the white truck and a girl got out of the red truck. She looked at us sitting in my Honda and mouthed, "I don't think it's working," with this helpless little shrug and giggle. I turned to my roommate and said, "You don't think it's working or you don't know how to use it?"

Sure enough, the blond guy walked up to the pump and tested the air nozzle. We could hear the air hiss from my car. It was working just fine. I had to shove my fist in my mouth to keep from laughing, which didn't work. So she stood around with her "Oh my gosh, I'm so stupid" giggles and watched this guy fill up her tire, while my roommate and I laughed harder and harder. We even took a picture:
Sorry, it's pretty blurry, but we were trying to be discreet.

The best part was that the brunette guy kept looking at us and smiling. It looked like he was trying hard not to laugh too, and appreciated the fact that we were girls and could laugh at this girl who didn't know how to make the freaking air pump work.

It made me feel pretty dang good about myself. I mean, at least I can fill up the tires on my car. We should have offered my tire gauge--I don't think they had one. Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments: