Sunday, January 31, 2010

I changed my mind.

You know how I posted about spending my tax money on a KitchenAid mixer? I think I've changed my mind. I had to go to Salt Lake today, so I stopped by to visit my parents, and I took advantage of their piano for a couple of hours (yes, hours—I hadn't played in a long time). As I was playing, I realized that the amount I'm getting back just might get me an electric piano . . . and holy cow, did I get excited.

I absolutely love playing the piano. Pounding on a piano is one of the most effective stress relievers ever. I can take out all of my anger on the keys and make beautiful music in the process. There was one summer when I had a roommate who owned a keyboard, and it was the most fabulous thing in the world to be able to play it in my apartment so I didn't have to fight people for the piano in the lounge.

I will commence piano research immediately. Because I can't wait to be able to do this whenever I want.



(Yes, I know it's weird that I recorded myself, and probably weird that I'm posting it. But I was bored. And I'm sorry that the sound sucks.)

2 comments:

Kristen Pace said...

That was my keyboard! I'm glad you enjoyed it...buying one is totally worth it!

Jeanine's blog said...

Our piano needs to be tuned! You sound wonderful!