Thursday, January 14, 2010

I. Want. One.

So, now that I have begun to discover the joys of baking, I think I've decided what I want to spend some of my tax return money on (depending on how much I get, of course).


Obviously I'm thinking orange, since that's my favorite color, but I'm wondering how I could actually incorporate that into my future kitchen in my future home. Because you know that if I buy one of these beauties, I'll be using it for years to come. That's a rough decision, right there.

2 comments:

Kristopher said...

Orange is one of my favorite flavors, so I like the thought of that color in a kitchen. Rock on! Yet I'm sure you have plenty of ideas about other color schemes. It'll sort out for ya. I don't think you'll remain very stumped by that challenge. :-)

I'm reminded of my sister's rock and mineral collection. The thing seriously fills up several display cases. Her, uh, broken engagement guy had treated it contemptuously. But her husband spontaneously brought up how they could work it into their home's decor. (Now, with three wild little boys running around, it's relocated to my parents' place.)

My point being that one way or another, your home ought to be built around you, your interests, and your dreams. My subtle point also being that these provide good testing factors for all those suitors you're gonna have to beat away.

In acquiring and using that KitchenAid, don't forget Elder Oaks' advice about not making it easy for "young men to hang out in a setting where you . . . provide the food," but to "lock the pantry and bolt the front door" against freeloaders! ;-)

J+S said...

You should totally get one. I love mine. Mine is red, and I think getting one in a bright, bold color is a MUST.