Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm ready, 2010. Bring it on.

Happy New Year, everyone! A couple days late, but it's all the same, right? This is when I usually do a resolutions post, but someone gave me the idea of writing down five things that I have accomplished this year. I thought it was a great idea to look back on the things I did well before jumping into all the things I want to change about myself.

Accomplishments in 2009:
  1. I got an official, grown-up, full-time job with benefits and all that jazz. 
  2. I bought a car. Making the payments on time every month is a pretty big accomplishment in my mind.
  3. I saved money. I haven't been able to do that in a while, that's for sure.
  4. I started cooking more.
  5. I learned to recognize when situations are detrimental to my spiritual health and learned to remove myself from those situations.
Now for my goals for 2010:
  1. Continue to eat healthier. Mostly eat more fruits and veggies.
  2. Get a gym membership (again) and actually use it.
  3. Cook more and bake more. Though I think the baking thing might be a bit detrimental to my first goal...
  4. Study the scriptures for at least 30 minutes a day.
  5. Attend the temple twice a month.
  6. Do more creative writing. I'm actually starting a blog, called The Block Breaker. It is a place where I will go to write about whatever I feel like writing about, but creatively and artistically, which is what will make it different than this blog. That is where I will stretch my literary muscles and attempt to possibly squeeze out the beginnings of some major writing project. There's not much there yet, but I promise there will be, so don't forget about it! You'll be able to vote (for lack of a better term) on how much you like each post. I welcome constructive criticism.
  7. Make new friends in my current ward. It's quite pathetic how few people in my ward I actually know.
  8. Focus on making myself a happier person in general.
So there you have it! 2009 in review (sort of), and a preview of what 2010 will bring (hopefully). Here's to a great 2009, and an even better 2010!

2 comments:

Kristopher said...

Man, you are accomplished!! Tons of great choices in the lot.

There was a recent font change, wasn't there? I like the way contemporary chic (madness) transitions into archaic pizzazz (method).

My occasional reminder that I enjoy reading your reflections and hearing about your accomplishments...

J+S said...

What does it mean that I still haven't made any resolutions? That I'm lazy? Yes, yes, that's what I thought. Shoot.