Sunday, February 14, 2010

Best Girls' Night Ever

On Friday night, Faith and I decided we would have a little girls' night out. We had both found some cool-looking spots in Provo/Orem, and we wanted to try them out, so we made a night of it. All I have to say is that café hopping was pretty much amazing, and it's really too bad neither of us had thought of it before.

We started out the night at Spark. I had already been to Spark, but Faith hadn't. We got some appetizers and drinks, which were really good. My apple martini (non-alcoholic, of course—don't go getting the wrong idea) wasn't nearly as sweet as I thought it would be, but it was still really yummy.

 

The food was also really good. We decided that the next time we go to Spark (because there definitely will be a next time), we'll go a little bit later and sit at the bar. It just sounds like fun.

Our second stop was the F Stop Café. At first, we thought the place was closed. There wasn't a soul in sight, and their hours were a little confusing: 5 PM to 12 PM. I think someone needs to let them know that 12 PM is actually noon, not midnight. In the end, we tried the door, which was open, so we went in. There was local art on the walls, which was kind of cool. Faith got a hot cocoa and I got a peach Italian soda, both of which were delicious. I loved the atmosphere of the café; it was really loungy and comfortable.


After F Stop, we headed over to Anna's birthday party, which was pretty fun. Poor Faith didn't know anybody, but she was a trooper and came with me anyway. It was fun to go to the BC and see a bunch of people that I hadn't seen in a while. We also planned a little BC Apt 8 ice cream reunion for President's Day, which should be fun.

Once we had finished socializing, we ran over to Wyview to pick up Cora, then stopped at the dollar theatre to pick up our tickets for the late-night movie we were going to see. Then we headed up State St. to a little place I had passed a few times, called The Chocolate. As soon as I walked in, I knew I loved the place. It was adorable—there are really no other words for it. There were couches and armchairs and candles on the tables. It had a great atmosphere. Plus, one of my former roommates was behind the counter. It was fun to catch up with Rachel—I hadn't seen her in over a year. 

There was so much to choose from! Luckily, Rachel helped me out and told me to try the Kitty Katrina, which I did, and it was amazing. Faith tried a turtle brownie. She liked it so much that she put the last bite that she couldn't finish in a napkin so she could eat it later. Cora had a mint brownie, which was equally tasty. 

 
The Chocolate also sells bottles of Madagascan and Mexican vanilla, and after eating that delectable piece of vanilla cake, I've decided that I'm buying a bottle the next time I go. Because there will definitely, definitely be a next time.

After stuffing ourselves full of good food and drinks all night, we headed over to see Fantastic Mr. Fox at the dollar theatre. It was an awesome movie. I would highly recommend it, especially if you like dry humor. It was about as dry as it comes. 


Overall, it was an awesome night. I haven't had that much fun in a really long time.

No comments: