Friday, November 6, 2009

Thanks Day Six

Yesterday I was talking to my roommate and I was saying how I still needed to finish writing in my journal, even though I had already been writing for a couple of hours (not including what I started writing a few days before that and didn't finish). She seemed a little baffled when I told her that it usually takes me a few hours to finish writing in my journal because I write at least 10 pages each time I write. Sometimes I forget what an odd child I am. But I'm so grateful that I love writing in my journal. I've finished seven journals now (one being a two-inch three-ring binder), and I'm about 80 pages into my eighth. There's something about getting all of my thoughts and feelings out in ink that just makes me feel amazing. It's a type of catharsis for me. I often make discoveries about myself as I try to arrange my feelings on the page. I'm very thankful that I have a record of my life so I won't forget things, and so that hopefully my posterity can someday learn from my mistakes.

No comments: