Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanks Day Thirty

Well, here it is, the last day of the month, which means it's the last of my thankful posts. And today I'm thankful for my religion. I am so incredibly thankful that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and that I have the truth of the Gospel in my life. Ignorant people can bash me and my religion all they like, but it will never change the fact that I know that this church is Christ's church on earth today. Jesus Christ is my Savior. He died so that I might turn to Him in all my ailments and afflictions, and so that I might have a way to return to Him. He loves me. I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father, which means that I am divine and that I can be like Him one day. Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon by the gift and power of God, and it is God's word. Joseph Smith was a prophet just as Thomas S. Monson is a living prophet today who gives us guidance and counsel specific to our time. I love this church, and I'm so thankful that I have been raised to understand the importance of the Gospel. I am a much better person now than I would be if I didn't have the truthfulness of the Gospel. I will never denounce my faith, and I will not hide it. I am who I am because of my faith. It is the most important part of me.

No comments: