Saturday, December 26, 2009

You Know You're an Adult When...

...you get a hand mixer, a cupcake cookbook, a cupcake pan (complete with cover), an electric blanket, and a tool set (including a 15-in-1, which my old boss [who also happens to be my mom's cousin] brought me) for Christmas and you're incredibly excited about them all. Ten years ago I would have thought those were the most boring gifts imaginable, but when I opened them yesterday, I was pretty ecstatic. Especially about that 15-in-1; it's the coolest tool ever. I'm also pretty excited to try out some of the cupcake recipes. I've never been much of a baker, but my co-workers have gotten me interested in baking. Now I just have to start avoiding Williams Sonoma.

But to temper all of the rather adult gifts I got, I did get a Mikey (from Sherwood) bobblehead that will soon be adorning my work desk and Super Mario Brothers for the Wii. It's too bad I didn't bring my Wii home for the weekend, or I'd be playing right now. Oh well...I'll just have to try it out when I get home tomorrow.

All in all, it was a good haul, thanks to my awesome parents. Oh, and Santa. ;) Merry Christmas, everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, if you need someone to help taste-test those cupcakes you will be making, you know where to find me;)

Cora Newman said...

Exactly! I got mixing bowls and a cookware set and I freaked when I opened them. Cookware set was by far the best gift.