Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ah, the Joys of Cyber Stalking

So, a couple weeks ago, I joined Twitter. Yes, Twitter. Why? So I could follow Sherwood. (What else would it be?) They post a lot of pictures and videos and just kind of let their fans know where they are and what's going on, which is kind of cool.


I planned on just checking their updates and all that jazz. Then I discovered that you can tweet at people. So tweeted at them to let them know that I absolutely loved their new album. No big deal. Then I looked at their page and realized that they actually tweeted back at people. Well, that's pretty exciting. So I tweeted at them again telling them that I'd be at their Utah shows. And they tweeted back! Oh my gosh! So I tweeted a few more times, in the hopes that they would tweet back. Then I discovered the band members' individual pages, and I obviously had to follow them.

And that's when I realized that Twitter made me feel like a stalker.

All Twitter is is a way for normal, everday people to feel like they have some connection to their favorite celebrities. Nobody cares about what their real-life friends are doing . . . that's what Facebook's for, after all. I always thought Twitter was stupid. And then I got caught up in its stupidity. Because, you know, I need to know that Nate Henry can't sleep on their tour bus. I need to know that the band is chilling in New Orleans. Even though I couldn't have cared less three weeks ago.

So I'm done tweeting for a little while. I don't like feeling like a crazy psycho stalker fan. Especially because my worst fear is that I'll talk to the band after their show and they'll say, "Hey, you're the girl who tweets at us all the time and follows all of us." That would be a little embarrassing.

No comments: