Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Holy Nerd, Batman

I've always known that I'm a nerd. You can't have a favorite punctuation mark without being a nerd. It's just not possible. But today my nerdiness was made more manifest than ever, pretty much.

I have a good friend who likes to give people gifts. Well, this friend (whose name I'm not going to say because I don't think he'd want me to, but he knows who he is) saw this frustrated blog post and decided he would send me something to cheer me up. This is what he got me:


Yes, that is a dictionary. The best American dictionary you can get. Unabridged. And it's AWESOME. It really is. The more I look at, the more excited I am that I now own an unabridged dictionary. Plus it comes with a free year-long subscription to the online version—which I will most definitely use. See what I mean? NERD! Who in their right mind gets excited about dictionaries?

Oh, right. An editor.

But really . . . look at the size of this thing! It's huge!





And I love it. Thank you, dear friend. Your kindness and generosity never cease to amaze me.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

I know your favorite punctuation mark... that must be good for something right? Folks, behold the M dash

Jeanine's blog said...

Is that book that big or is your head that small?

Thank goodness for good friends.

I love you!

Matt Brown said...

Wow. Sadly, I'm not sure which is worse, the fact that you blogged and admitted that you have a favorite punctuation mark or that I'm related to someone who has a favorite punctuation mark...