Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Body Hates Me

My body chose the absolute worst possible time to get sick. And the worst possible place in my body to get sick.

On Friday morning, I woke up with a sore throat, which sucked for two reasons: a) I had an audition (singing required) in four days, and b) I hate sore throats. The sore throat persisted the entire weekend. Luckily, I had decided to go home for the weekend, so I got babied by my mom while I was sick. That was much better than having to take care of myself in my apartment, that's for sure.

By Monday afternoon, my sore throat was abating, which was looking good for my Tuesday night audition. I even practiced my songs some. But as the night went on, my voice got croakier. I probably should have stopped talking in order to conserve what little voice I had left, but I didn't. And I woke up this morning, the day of my audition, with no voice. Brilliant.

I called the theater, and luckily they had openings for Thursday. So now I'm auditioning on Thursday, and I'm really hoping it doesn't conflict with the Relief Society activity that I'm supposed to be singing at for my friend. I'm probably cutting it pretty close, but I'm determined to make it work.

So today and tomorrow will consist of me sipping herbal tea, sucking on lozenges, and refraining from speech. Hopefully those things combined will help ensure that I have a voice on Thursday, because I'm seriously going to need it.

2 comments:

Cora Newman said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry! Good luck cuz!

Haliaka said...

LINDY!!! i've been following your blog :) I dhope your voice didn't to show up for your audition! HOW DID IT GO???