Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Someone To Perform With

"So let it out and let it in, hey Jude, begin,
you're waiting for someone to perform with.
And don't you know that it's just you, hey Jude, you'll do,
the movement you need is on your shoulder."
     - Hey Jude, the Beatles

Today at work, we were having a music break, which is when everyone in the data team office picks a song and IMs it to Karly so she can play it on her nice speakers. (And no, I didn't choose "Hey Jude" . . . I chose "This Too Shall Pass"—see post below.) Karly chose a cool song, and when we asked her who it was by, she said it was her fiancĂ©, which is so cool.

All that I could think of at that point was how much I want to marry someone who is musically inclined. I'm not saying that if a guy isn't musically talented, I'm going to write him off. But there's really nothing more attractive than a guy who can play an instrument and sing. Chances are that even if I don't think a guy is really attractive to begin with, as soon as he picks up a guitar or sits down at a piano and busts out some good vocals, I'm going to be much more interested. That's just the way it is.

Besides the attraction factor, performing is something that I love to do. I love singing in sacrament meeting or in talent shows or just singing at the top of my lungs in my car. Music is incredibly important to me, and I want to be able to really share that with my future husband. I look at my parents, who perform together all the time, and I want that.

Sure, this may sound picky. But I'm as single as I can get right now, so I'm allowed to fantasize about what I want when I'm finally no longer single, right?

No comments: