Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Big Apple

Day 26: A photo of somewhere you've been to.


I think this picture is cool. Mostly because I took it. Not too shabby, eh? 

I absolutely loved New York. I went nearly four years ago, and it's still my favorite vacation. Granted, I haven't actually been on vacation since, so . . . yeah. 

The first time we drove into the city, it was a complete sensory overload. There is just so much going on. So much noise, so many people, so many cars. I never thought buildings could go so high or that so many people could fit on a city block. I just couldn't take it all in. It was a good thing we had ten days to try to see everything, though we still didn't get close.

I would love to live in New York. It helps that I'm an editor and all the best editing jobs are in New York, but even without that, I just love the city. I've always been a city girl. If I can't live in New York, I'd love to live in Salt Lake City. The idea of living out in the middle of nowhere is nightmarish to me. Seriously. I couldn't live south of Provo because that is just way too far away from things. I need my city fix. Going to New York City showed me just how much of a city girl I really am.

No comments: