Thursday, February 24, 2011

An Inconsistency

When I get an event invite on Facebook, my knee-jerk reaction is to RSVP with maybe. (Unless, of course, it's some awesome event I'm for sure going to or something lame that I for sure won't be going to.) I like the maybe option because it lets me say no without really saying no. Then I don't feel bad when I don't show because I didn't actually say I would go.

This week, I created an event to invite people over to my apartment to watch the mega ultra super showdown between BYU and SDSU on Saturday. This game is HUGE and I didn't want to watch it with just me and Cora. As fun as that is (I love you, Cora), I wanted to watch with a group of people. It's just more fun that way.

So I set up the event and sent a bunch of invites, hoping that at least a few people would say yes and come enjoy the greatness of BYU basketball. Four days later, most of the people who have responded are maybes. And it annoys the tar out of me. Just decide one way or another, people! Geez!

Hypocritical much? Oh yes. But I would be willing to bet money that my days of saying maybe are far from over.

No comments: