Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just Not My Day

Do you ever have those days where it seems like everything that could go wrong does go wrong? Yeah . . . that was today. It pretty much sucked rocks.

So first of all, I woke up and looked outside, and it was snowing. Yuck. Plus, my car was not parked in covered parking, so I had to scrape my car. So I scraped my car and started my commute to work, and realized very quickly how crappy this commute was going to be. But I was good, I drove smart. I skidded a couple times, but I handled it, no big deal. I got all the way to my work's parking lot. The entrance is off of a pretty steep hill, and I tried my hardest to keep my car from going too fast, but it didn't work. Long story short, I ended up plowing over a curb into some bushes and totally bent the stop sign. Awesome. I was totally stuck. Some nice people pushed me out and helped me get my car into a parking spot. Turns out my tire was totally flat. Super awesome.

I left my car in the parking lot and headed into work, figuring I could find someone who would be able to help me change my tire. Work itself was fine, except for the fact that I was incredibly frazzled all day long. But I found someone to help me with my tire, and we got the spare on just fine.

So I left work and got in my car, ready to go to the tire place to replace my tire. But guess what? In the stress of losing the fight with the curb, I had left my lights on, and my battery was dead. Super! So I sat there for a minute, and I saw someone come out of one of the office buildings. I jumped out of my car and asked if he could jump my car. We tried a few times, and couldn't get my car to start. (I think he just didn't know what he was doing--I wanted to ask him to check the connections on his car, but he was a business man--you know the type, nice car, nice clothes, bluetooth headset--and was in a hurry.) The guy had a meeting he had to go to and couldn't stay to help. So my car was still dead. Goody. I sat in my car for another couple of minutes, doing my best not to have a complete break down, when I saw another man who looked much more helpful than the first: he was driving a work truck and was wearing work clothes. Definitely looked like he would know his way around a car. And sure enough, he got my car started. Hooray!

I was so excited to finally get out of the parking lot. But it didn't take me very long to realize that there was something slightly wrong--like the fact that in order to drive straight, I had to hold the steering wheel at a 45-degree angle. So the crash into the bushes messed with my alignment. But I called my dad, and he said that Discount Tire's website said that they fixed alignment, so I could go to one place for all my needs. Yeah, well, Discount Tire's website is a dirty liar. At least the Provo store doesn't do alignments. Crap. So I spent $82 on a new tire (woo hoo) and I have to skip my internship to go to Les Schwab tomorrow to spend another $50-60 on an alignment. I'm so excited.

And on top of it all, I have a cold.

I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

SkyBluePink said...

Hey Lindy! I hope you are feeling better today and I'm glad you found my blog.

Kate said...

Oh honey! I hope today is better for you!!! Love-a ya loads and tons and stuff!