Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Friends Rock My Socks

The other day I was thinking about just how lucky I am when it comes to my friends. Most of my college career, I wasn't very social. I don't know if I just didn't really care about making friends or if I just didn't know how, but I basically stuck with my roommates and that was it. Apparently I didn't know what I was missing, because friends are awesome! At least, my friends are awesome.

It seems like I have something to do nearly every weekend, and I love it. I have awesome roommates who are really fun to live with. We often end up doing random things in the apartment or we stay up until two in the morning talking about boys and other (usually quite inappropriate) random things.


This is us at Halloween. It's the only picture I have of all six of us.

We also have some great friends outside our apartment. We have the few guys who seem to spend a whole lot of their time at our apartment, and we love that they feel so comfortable with us. There is rarely a night when our apartment is devoid of boys. Someone is over most nights. We don't even have to be doing anything exciting. Sometimes we just chill.


Too bad Jordan's red Dell isn't in this picture too, it would be cooler.

We do often do some planned things, like seeing movies or karaoke or occasionally basketball games.


Karaoke night at Applebee's is pretty sweet. And we're pretty dang good at karaoke, if I do say so myself.


BYU versus UNM. This was a pretty good game. Mostly because BYU won.

My friends and I can talk about anything and everything, it seems like. Don't believe me? Just read the quote board in my apartment. (I know, that's a very freshman-like thing to do, but some things are just so funny that not recording them would be a crime.) Some of my favorite quotes include:

"You need to marry a good woman who will keep you in check." - Maren
"I need to marry a rich woman who will give me a check." - Jonathan

"If my left eye worked, I'd be a lot less cranky and I'd know who the hell John Kellogg was!" - Haliaka

"I'm going to be such a slutty woman when I get married." - Anna

"Every time you have a good idea, someone in California has already thought of it." - Justin

"When life gives you Provo, make it provocative." - Jillian
I can't help but be grateful for the people who are in my life. They are wonderful and I love them all. I'm so incredibly blessed.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Aww... I think you're a great friend too. :)