Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Blogging Challenge!

As mentioned in my last post, I want to be better at blogging. Since I've been having a hard time thinking of things to write about, I thought I would see what kind of blog challenges I could find. The main one I found was the same one I did the beginning of last year, and I wanted to have some different topics. So I combined a few of my favorites to come up with more than a month of posts. Woo hoo! Over a month of daily posts! Exciting, right?

So here it is, day one of my jerry-rigged blog challenge. We'll see how this goes.

Day One: A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself.

Christmas Eve 2011, wearing the paper crown from our English crackers.

Yay for lists! Anyone who reads my blog should know that I love lists. I've done this kind of list tons of times, but I'm always up for more. 
  1. Along the lines of loving lists, I recently bought a journal called Listography. It is composed solely of lists. I kind of love it.
  2. I have had a lifelong obsession with pens. I simply love good pens.
  3. I am crazy fickle when it comes to my hair. I chopped it off in May, and I've already decided I'm growing it out again. Give it a couple more months and it'll be a different color.
  4. I love makeup. A lot. I have a ridiculous amount of it, and somehow, I can't keep myself from buying more. Especially eye shadow.
  5. I have nine of the most amazing kids as my nieces and nephews. They're the best ever.
  6. The phrase "should have went" makes me want to kick a puppy. The past participle of "go" is "gone," not "went." The phrase is "should have gone."
  7. One of my greatest desires is to travel the world. I have yet to leave the continental U.S., and I am determined to change that sometime soon.
  8. I love singing duets. I have at least two, possibly three, that I can play on the guitar or the piano. All I need is a guy to sing them with.
  9. I like working out early in the morning. As difficult as it is to wake myself up at 6:30, it feels awesome to get going so early.
  10. I will name a daughter Eloise June. Whether my hustband likes it or not.
  11. I think boys are stupid. Yet somehow, I still want one.
  12. I love gum. I chew three or four pieces at work alone.
  13. I try to write in my journal daily. I have filled 11 journals in total, 4 or 5 of which have been in the last couple of years.
  14. I don't have a middle name. There aren't many names that flow well with Andralynn.
  15. When I was a kid, I hated mushrooms. I thought they were nasty. I now love them. Zupa's Wild Mushroom Bisque is my favorite soup. I also love Harmon's homemade cream of mushroom. It's funny how tastes develop.

No comments: