Sunday, January 29, 2012

I don't have a choice, but I'd still choose you.

Day Fourteen: Someone you want to switch lives with for one day and why.


I would switch lives with Joy Williams, of the Civil Wars. For many, many reasons. First of all, she has an incredible singing voice that I would love to have, just for a day. She is also a phenomenal songwriter. And she has beautiful dresses. Those three things alone would be reason enough for me to want to switch lives with her.

To make the situation even sweeter, she tours all over the world with the Civil Wars, so she gets to see all sorts of amazing places and meet all sorts of amazing people. She also gets to sing her ridiculously awesome music in front of venues full of fans singing the songs she wrote. That's something that I have always wanted to experience—I want to know how it feels to have thousands upon thousands of people know and love my music.

And the icing on the cake is that Joy Williams sings with one John Paul White, whom I love. I love his voice. I love how he makes playing insane rhythms on the guitar look as easy as breathing. I love how he and Joy lean close when they sing. I love how seamlessly their voices blend. I love how you can't tell who has the harmony and who has the melody. Honest to goodness, I love every little thing about the Civil Wars, and being a part of that duo for a single day would be beyond my wildest dreams. So yeah, I would absolutely switch lives with Joy Williams for a day. It would be amazing.

PS: Thanks goes to Cora for giving me the idea of switching lives with Joy Williams. Cora knows me so well.

No comments: