Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Music is the best.

Day Nine: Songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad.

This is a hard one, since I like so much music. I get in different moods for different music regardless of my emotions. If I like music, I like music, and that's about it. But I'll give this a shot, based on my current music mood. Which means there's going to be a whole lot of Cold War Kids, Mumford & Sons, and the Civil Wars, since I've been listening to them nonstop lately.

Happy: "Marry Me" by Train, because that song just gives me warm fuzzies. So does "I've Got This Friend" by the Civil Wars. "Count on Me" by Bruno Mars also qualifies as a happy song. Then you can throw in stuff like "I've Just Seen a Face" by the Beatles and "Magic" by B.o.B. Oh, and I can't forget "Finally Begin" and "Broken Open" by Cold War kids.

Sad: "Poison & Wine" and "Falling" by the Civil Wars. "Roll Away Your Stone" and "The Cave" and "Thistle and Weeds" by Mumford & Sons. Okay, so basically all of Barton Hollow and Sigh No More qualify as good sad albums. Norah Jones is also a good sad artist, especially "Cold Cold Heart" and "I Don't Miss You At All." Also, can't forget songs like "Someone Like You" and "Turning Tables" by Adele.

Bored: Pretty much anything I can bust out at the top of my lungs. So all of 21 by Adele. "Barton Hollow" and "Birds of a Feather" by the Civil Wars. "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles. "Stoppin' the Love" and "Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall. "As Long As You're Mine" from Wicked. "Come Home" by OneRepublic. Stuff like that.

Hyped: Pretty much anything by Sherwood, especially "Song In My Head," "Only Song," "Middle of the Night," and "You Are." They're jumping songs, so it's easy to get a lot of energy out with them. "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars. "Forget You" by Cee Lo Green. Anything super upbeat.

Mad: "Where Have You Been?" by Reel Big Fish. They say "Go to hell!" in every chorus, so it's a given as an angry song. "You Already Know" by Train. "Over You" by Daughtry. "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood. "Skip the Charades" by Cold War Kids. "Little Lion Man" by Mumford & Sons. I may never actually sing the f-word in that song, but sometimes just hearing it is an emotional release. "Grenade" by Bruno Mars. Basically anything with an angry undertone that I can sing really loudly.

No comments: