Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Woot for self-control!

Day Eight: Something you're proud of from the last few days.

Geez . . . something I'm proud of? That's a tough one. The first thing that pops into my mind is going to the gym. I dragged myself out of bed at 6:30 this morning to go, which was something I was completely terrible at last week. However, that pride is somewhat tempered by the fact that I didn't go to the gym at all yesterday. Blast. But I guess there's no use dwelling on the past.

There is one other thing I'm proud of, I guess. I ordered some clothes on Gap.com last week because they had some of my favorite pants on sale. I got the package today, and unfortunately, two of the three pairs of pants that I bought didn't fit right. Even though they were all the exact same size. And two of them were the exact same style. This is exactly why I despise jeans shopping.

Anyway, I decided not to prolong things and I went to the mall to take the two pairs of ill-fitting jeans back. I went into Gap, returned my jeans, and walked right back out of the mall. I didn't even stop. Just because I got that $50 back on my credit card doesn't mean I have to go out and spend it. I'm pretty dang proud of that self-control, let me tell ya.

So that's . . . really boring, I know, but when you limit me to the past couple of days, I'm not left with many options.

No comments: