Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Way, the Truth, and the Life

Day Six: A photo of something/someone that has had the biggest impact on you.


There are so very many people and things that have had enormous impacts on me both for good and for ill. I have known absolutely amazing people throughout my life that have helped me learn and grow and become a better person. I have read books and watched movies that have completely changed my viewpoints on issues and have broadened my world. I have taken classes that have forced me out of my comfort zone and taught me how to live outside myself.

But today is Sunday, and I just taught a rather emotional Relief Society lesson about repentance and my Savior. Therefore, I think it appropriate to write about the person who has had the biggest impact on my life. That person is Jesus Christ. I believe with my whole heart that Christ is my Savior and that He died for me. He shed drops of blood from every pore so that I don't have to. If I but turn to him and use the Atonement in my everyday life, I won't have to face justice at the last day. The Savior will step in my place and be my advocate to the Father.

I honestly don't know where I would be without a knowledge of my Savior. There have been so many times in my life when I have felt completely lost and alone. When I have been confused and afraid. When I have been ashamed and humiliated. In each instance, the fact that I have a Savior who wants to hear all my concerns and fears has been an enormous comfort. I can't count how many times I have felt the love of my Savior and simply felt that everything will turn out okay. I have seen His tender mercies in my everyday life, and I can't say how much of a blessing that is.

The truth is that I never would have realized the importance of all the people and things that have impacted my life without the knowledge that a loving Savior and Heavenly Father are guiding my life. I have experienced things and gotten to know people for a reason. Everything always seems to work out when I trust in my Heavenly Father and I strive to do what He asks of me. No other person or thing could ever hope to have a bigger impact on my life.

No comments: