Monday, January 23, 2012

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAL!

Day Seven: Short-term goals for this month.

My number-one goal for this month is to make getting up at 6:30 to go to the gym a habit. I need to convince myself that I have to get up, because then I can have my whole evening to myself and I don't have to worry about not meeting my gym goal because something fun comes up. I'm sorry, but the gym isn't ever going to take precedence over doing fun things with my friends. If I remember that, getting up might not be so difficult.

Goal number two is to have more meaningful scripture study. I've been feeling more and more lately like I need to pay more attention to what I'm reading and actually write down the thoughts and insights I have. With how much I write in my journal, you wouldn't think that's difficult for me, but it is. Which is why I've decided that I'm going to make my regular day-to-day journal double as my spiritual journal. It should be anyway because I need to write down the spiritual experiences I have in my everyday life, but sometimes it doesn't work that way.

A third goal is to listen to conference talks while I get ready in the mornings. It's a perfect time to do it because I'm not doing anything else. I usually just listen to music, but if I switch to conference talks, I can listen to two a day. I used to be really good at it about a year ago, and it was so cool to see what things in my daily life reminded me of talks that I had listened to recently. It was a great way to listen to the counsel of the prophets again and to be reminded of the things that I need to work on.

A fourth goal is to get some quality one-on-one hang-out time with Der Junge. I tried on Friday, but he was hanging out with his roommate, who got invited along on our excursion. It's not a big deal, since his roommate is my friend too, but I really wanted to just hang out with Der Junge. That's proving to be more difficult than I thought it would be. However, Der Junge let it slip that he has never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies (a travesty, I know!), so I promptly borrowed all three of them from my parents and I will force him to watch them with me. So maybe that will work in my favor one of these days.

So there you have it. My goals. I didn't realize I had so many.

No comments: