Monday, January 30, 2012

Dream a Little Dream For Me

Day Fifteen: Plans/dreams/goals you have.

Well, that's not general at all, is it. I'm not even sure where to start.

I guess I can start with what has been on my mind the most lately, and that is marriage. Cliché, I know, but let's be honest: I'm 24 years old. I'm turning 25 this year, and I'm still single. I really do want a family. I want to meet someone who will be able and willing to deal with my particular brand of crazy, someone who will force his way into my bubble and convince me that I can allow someone into my life without being let down. I want a man who wants to have kids and wants to raise a family in the Church. I want a man who will love me for who I am and won't ask me to change for him. I want a man who makes me want to be a better person, who is my best friend and confidante.

That is my main dream right now, though that doesn't mean I don't have plenty of other dreams. I plan to move out of student housing (finally!) in August. I'll be moving in with a few other girls of my choosing, which will be awesome. We're going to have the awesomest apartment ever in existence, for the reals. The only thing that would be awesomer would be if Cora were living with us, but she's not. It's a shame.

Another dream/goal of mine is to work at a job that is at least closer to my dream job. Magazine editing, fiction editing . . . something along those lines. Wherever that may be. My current job is fine; I love the people I work with, and I very much like that I am so comfortable there. I know my job. I'm good at my job. But it's not where I want to stay the rest of my life. Eventually I will get an opportunity to go somewhere else, to expand my knowledge and my expertise. It will be hard, as change always is, but I'm excited for the day that it will be the right thing for me to move on. Whenever that day might be.

So there you have it: a couple of my long-term goals. I would write more, but I'm kind of in the middle of an episode of 24, and I'm a little distracted. Nerve gas is about to be released in a mall! Oh noes!!

No comments: