Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Get Me to the Church on Time

Day 7: Your dream wedding.

I am a weird girl. I tell myself this often, and the wedding thing is yet another example of my weirdness. I don't have my wedding planned—not one bit. I don't know what colors I want, what I want my dress to look like, or what kind of cake I'll have. I have no idea what I want the reception to look like or what kind of food to serve.

There have been times when I have decided on a color scheme, and a couple of months later, I change my mind. There was a while when I knew I wanted a short dress, a really retro one with a swing skirt. Then I decided I wanted a more traditional, floor-length dress. Now I'm leaning toward the short dress again.

Regardless of all that, here is one thing I know I want for sure:


Fortunately, the one thing I know I want for certain is the most important part of the wedding. As long as I am kneeling across the altar in the temple across from the man I love with my whole heart, I don't care about anything else. As long as we are both making sacred covenants with each other and with the Lord, I don't care where my reception is. As long as we are both 150 percent committed to each other and to our covenants, I don't care what flowers are in my bouquet. 

Of course I want to have a nice reception. Of course I want to look beautiful. Of course I want my spouse to look handsome. But all of that only happens after the sacred ceremony in the temple. That is my dream wedding.

No comments: