Monday, January 24, 2011

There's really no contest.

Day 13: Your favorite musician and why.


I used to have such a hard time narrowing down my response when someone would ask me who my favorite band is. I no longer have such trouble. My favorite band is the Beatles. That's just all there is to it. Throughout all the *NSYNC, Reel Big Fish, Sherwood, OneRepublic, Train, OK Go, and the Swell Season phases, there has been one constant. Or, rather, four: John, Paul, George, and Ringo.

I love the Beatles. I've been listening to them longer than I have listened to any other bands. They are the be-all and end-all of good music. They've influenced most of the other music I listen to (and that you listen to). Their music is 40–50 years old and it's still the standard. There is simply no other band greater than the Beatles.

The music of the Beatles is the soundtrack to my life. It really is. There is a Beatles song for every mood. I can always find a Beatles song that I want to listen to. Seeing Paul McCartney might possibly have been the best day of my life to date (no joke). Absolutely nothing else compares (especially when it comes to other concerts). 

So there you have it: my favorite musicians. There's just no contest.

No comments: