Saturday, February 11, 2012

Always the Same Thing

Day Twenty-Seven: Something you're currently worrying about.

I'm worrying about what I always seem to be worrying about: boys. If I don't have a guy, I worry about why I don't have a guy. If I have a crush, I worry about why he's not doing what I think he should be doing. If I have a legitimate prospect, I worry about what I'm supposed to do and whether I really want to date him.

I am currently doing the second. Der Junge is infuriating me. We hung out four Fridays in a row, with a few Saturdays and Sundays and various other days thrown in there. I was seeing him quite frequently. And then, suddenly, he stopped responding to my texts for a week. And then the first thing he did when he saw me next was give me a hug. Umm . . . hello, confusing.

I'm mostly just frustrated. I have done everything I'm supposed to do to show a guy that I'm interested: I've invited Der Junge to countless activities, shown interest when he says we should do something (though apparently I was supposed to nail down a date as soon as he offered), done one-on-one things, brought him medicine when he was sick. For the love of Pete, I have even asked this guy on a date. And sort of tricked him into another (see this post for reference). And tomorrow, I'm going to do the most girly of all girly dating tactics: take him cookies. Ugh.

That is what I'm worried about. I'm worried about finally hitting the point where it's obvious Der Junge isn't interested and I should just back off. I hate getting to that point. I hate conceding defeat. Especially when there have been so many good things to lead me to believe that there could be potential here. We work well together. Seriously, we do. I'm not just making that up. Which is what makes giving up so much harder.

No comments: