Friday, February 24, 2012

Pretty straightforward, I think.

Day Forty: 10 ways to win your heart.

I'm really not a very difficult person to figure out. This list will probably emphasize that point really well.
  1. Musical talents will always take the number-one spot here. Singing to me while playing the guitar/piano/other awesome musical instrument is the absolute fastest way to my heart.
  2. Humor generally takes number two. If a guy makes me laugh, I am much more likely to fall for him.
  3. A man who is a worthy priesthood holder who does what he is asked to do by serving and magnifying his calling is very attractive.
  4. Seeing a guy play with kids melts my heart, no doubt about it.
  5. A guy who forces himself through my walls is a winner. My walls aren't particularly difficult to tear down, but if a guy makes the effort, it says a whole lot about him.
  6. If a guy notices that something is wrong (whether I'm just having a bad day or I really need someone's help) without being nudged, I will take notice. Someone who goes out of his way to make sure I'm okay is someone I want to spend time with.
  7. My family has a very particular sense of humor, and if he can hold his own with them, it means he's a good one.
  8. I love good, deep conversation. When I have a conversation with a guy that is about more than sports or movies, and that flows well without awkwardness, I'm in seventh heaven.
  9. I am a little bit of a sucker for guys who are kind of nerdy. Not scary nerdy—just a little nerdy. I like seeing guys with quirks, who like things that aren't completely mainstream or that are a little dorky. It's fun.
  10. I need a man who is completely trustworthy. Any man who wins my trust (or has it inherently) is a good man.

1 comment:

Cora Newman said...

Don't forget, he needs to have a good handshake which will be judged by none other than yours truly. That's #11. And so far my handshakeometer hasn't been wrong.