Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's always the hair.

Day Twenty-Three: A picture of you last year and how you have changed since then.


The obvious difference, as is usually the case, is my hair. Not only is it a good nine inches shorter now, but it is also currently a dark, burgundy red. Eventually I'll post a picture. Whenever I finally have the inclination to take one.

Sometimes I hate these kinds of questions. I honestly don't know what has changed. I'm still going to BYU basketball games (which is where this picture was taken), and I'm still living with Cora (who also has different-colored hair now). I still live in the same apartment and work for the same company. 

I think the biggest way I have changed since last year is my willingness to put myself out there. I have been a whole heck of a lot more social the past few months, and it has been really fun. I've made a lot of new friends, and I no longer feel isolated in my ward, which is a very good thing. I don't have something going on every night of the week or anything, but it's really nice to know that if I do want to do something different, there are a few people I can call on.

I think I've become a little bit more confident in the past year. I've done a lot of things the past little while that I definitely don't think I would have been able to do a year ago, like asking boys on dates and putting myself out there. It's been interesting, but I think it's been really good for me. Here's hoping that I can continue growing in this area over the next year.

No comments: