Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Not that weird, right?

Day Twenty-Four: Weird things you do when you're alone.

I don't know that I do a lot of weird things when I'm alone. The main thing I can think of is that sometimes I talk to myself, but I don't do it terribly often. Usually when something is really weighing on my mind and I need to work through things out loud in order to make sense of them.

I do have a tendency to sing really loud when I'm alone. I mean, I do that sometimes when people are around too, but I'm more likely to do it when I'm alone. I'll try to hit higher notes than I should, or I'll sing in a goofy voice. That's part of why driving alone in my car is fun sometimes. That's where I do my best singing, I think. That's also where I stretch my range because I'm not afraid of what anyone will think of me as I try to hit higher notes than I'm used to.

One more thing I do when I'm alone is daydream. Sort of. I'll go through fictional scenarios in my head and figure out how I would react to them if they happened in real life. I'll come up with complete conversations with whoever it is I'm interacting with in my head. Yeah, that's probably a little weird, and nothing ever works out the way I imagine it. None of the scenarios I come up with ever come to fruition. Which is probably a good thing.

No comments: