Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Concerts!

Day Thirty-One: The best things to happen to you this week.

This week has been a little blah. Even going back to last week. I just haven't really done anything, and I managed to get myself sick somehow. Well, for Valentine's, I did go to Cora's aunt's house and eat lots of pizza and watch the Grammys, since I hadn't seen the performances yet. That was pretty fun. And on Sunday, I got some one-on-one time with Der Junge. It wasn't for long, but it was something. He was acting more normal, which was good.

But the thing that I really want to write about, even though it didn't technically happen in the last week, was that I found out that the Civil Wars is coming to Salt Lake in May. And oh my freaking goodness, I am so bloody excited. I can't even express how excited I am. I bought tickets last Tuesday. I haven't been this excited about something in a really long time. I honestly just love this band so, so much, and I cannot wait to see them live. They're amazing and I just know it's going to be an awesome night. Concerts are my favorite, and I haven't been to one in a really long time. It will have been a year by then. That may not seem like a very long time to some, but I go to concerts frequently, especially when Sherwood is touring. I forgot how much I miss seeing bands live until I found out about the Civil Wars show.

And to remind you of why I am so extremely excited, here's another taste of the awesomeness of the Civil Wars.


p.s. They sound exactly the same live as they do on their album. Hence my excitement.
p.p.s. I'm in love with John Paul White.

1 comment:

Cora Newman said...

I'm in love with his bow tie.