Monday, February 13, 2012

The Ex

Day Twenty-Nine: Things you want to say to an ex.

This is going to be a short post. Why? Because I've pretty much already said everything that needed to be said to my ex. I said it when we broke up, and that was that. I haven't spoken to him since, which is the way it should be. Things did not end well, and it was best for everyone involved to just cut everything off and call it done.

There was a time when I was really angry about what went down. When I say that things didn't end well, I really mean it. It was a terrible relationship. I was horribly immature about a lot of things, and he treated me like dirt. While I have come to realize that I could have been much smarter about how I handled some things, it is true that most of the issues in that relationship came from him. I did all that I could (and more than I should have) to keep things together, and he did absolutely nothing to help my efforts. He betrayed me in more ways than I can express. It was bad. So bad that it took me years to fully come to terms with what I had been through.

But I feel like I am finally past it. It's taken me a long time, but I have forgiven him for everything that he did to me. I have forgiven myself for a lot of things that I did. And I have moved on. Therefore, there is nothing left to say. It's in the past, and while it will still affect how I react to things in the future, it's done with. No point in dredging up past hurts.

No comments: