Friday, November 11, 2011

Giving Thanks Day 11: Good Entertainment

I love entertaiment. That sounds like kind of a weird statement (I mean, who doesn't), but I really love books and movies and plays and concerts and sporting events. I love talking about them and enjoying them with my friends. I watch a lot of movies and a lot of TV (though I have been quite busy lately and I have been watching less), and I have seen a lot of things that I probably shouldn't have subjected myself to. There is so much filth in the entertainment industry these days, so when I see something really good, I get really excited.

Tonight I went with some friends to see a movie called Warrior at the dollar theater. I had never heard of this movie and all I knew was that it was about MMA fighting. But we looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes, and it had 93% from the audience, so I figured I could risk $2 on it. And I am so glad I did. It may have helped that I went in with absolutely no expectations, but it was so good. There were good messages, and though I don't really like MMA fighting, I'm a total sucker for inspirational sports movies, and this one was no exception. I'll be buying Warrior when it comes out on DVD, that's for sure.

I know this may be a little random, but I really am thankful for the good entertainmnet that exists in this world. There are so many bad things that sometimes we get lost in them and forget to look for the good. The entertainment industry is so far reaching and has so much capacity to spread a good word and tell a good story about perseverance or good conquering evil or simply alerting the public to something that needs attention, so I am thankful when filmmakers and musicians take advantage without being preachy or overbearing. Those are the movies or TV shows or the songs that I like the most.

It also never hurts when there are reeeeeaaallly attractive men in said movie.

No comments: