Monday, November 7, 2011

Giving Thanks Day 7: This Beautiful World

I work in a corner office with three other people. We have windows on two walls, which means we have a pretty good view from the third floor. As I was getting ready to leave at about five, it was snowing, when suddenly there was a break in the clouds right where the sun was setting. Everything turned orange, and the snow was glowing as it fell. It was beautiful.

As I was walking to my car, I simply marvelled at this beautiful world that we live in. I know a lot of people who complain about Utah weather, but I love that we get to experience four separate seasons. It is so beautiful here with the snow on the mountains or the flaming red and orange leaves or the pinks of blooming blossoms. There is so much beauty in this world, and I am so thankful that I get to experience it every day. I simply don't understand how anyone could gaze upon the beauty of the world around them and not submit that there is a God.

This picture doesn't do even the slightest justice to how gorgeous the sunset was tonight.

No comments: