Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Giving Thanks Day 9: Modern Medicine

Today has not been a great day. I slept terribly last night, and I was in pain most of the day at work. I was exhausted and miserable, but I made it through the day. When I got home, all I wanted to do was take a nap, but I didn't get a chance, and now it's too late. So I'm going to do my best to get to bed at a decent time. Decent being, like, ten. I am so tired.

All of that combined meant that I was having a really hard time thinking of something to be thankful for. When I'm tired and ornery, all I can ever think of is my misery. So I thought of one thing that helped lessen my misery: ibuprofen. If not for ibuprofen, I wouldn't have made it through work today, and I probably wouldn't have gotten the sleep I did get. It makes me thankful that I live in a time when I have access to modern medicine. Modern healthcare is amazing in how many illnesses we no longer have to worry about. If you think about it, it's kind of amazing that I can go to the store and spend $5 on these tiny little pellets that will make my pain go away.


No comments: