Friday, November 18, 2011

Giving Thanks Day 18: Personal Revelation

Today I went to the temple. It was quite possibly the first time I had ever gone twice in one month. I've always struggled a little bit with temple attendance. I had a whole bucketload of things on my mind, and while I didn't get a specific answer necessarily for any one thing, I came out feeling like everything would work out. I was comforted to know that I was doing everything I could do in the things I was going through and that it was mostly just time for me to have faith and to trust that the Lord knows what He's doing.

I am so thankful that I have a knowledge of my Heavenly Father. I'm thankful that I can go to Him whenever I need help and that He will always, always be there to listen to me and answer my prayers. I'm so thankful for personal revelation and for the chance to be guided in my everyday life. Even though sometimes I may feel like I am praying for silly things, I know the Lord wants me to go to Him with everything. Even if the answer is, "It's up to you," I know that my Heavenly Father is listening to me and pointing me in the direction I need to go.

I really like this painting. It very much illustrates how I feel when my eyes are opened and I receive answers to my prayers.

No comments: