Thursday, November 3, 2011

Giving Thanks Day 3: Makeup

Yes, that title does say makeup. Odd as it sounds, I am very thankful for makeup. I'm thankful that I can use makeup to cover up blemishes when I break out. I'm thankful that I can use makeup to even out my skin tone when my skin is being weird (which happens frequently, unfortunately). I'm thankful that I know how to apply makeup to bring out my best facial features, and I'm also thankful that I think applying makeup is fun. I really, really like makeup. As is evidenced by the $94 package I got in the mail today. (I needed that boxed set of 11 mascaras. I really and truly did. And that new eye makeup palette. And the blush brush. These are legitimate needs, people!)

I have to say, though, that I am not thankful for how much makeup costs. My bank account will forever rue the day I discovered Sephora and Bare Escentuals. I have experienced the joy of high-quality makeup and what it does for my skin, and I don't know that I can ever go back. I know, my life is so hard.

I should do my makeup like this from now on. That would be sweet.

1 comment:

Jeanine's blog said...

I would like you to do my makeup one day. Can I set a date?

Oh, and you should g with the white lashes r the black ones running down your cheek.