Thursday, November 17, 2011

Giving Thanks Day 17: Sleep

I am absolutely exhausted today. On Tuesday night, I managed to get myself into bed before midnight. It was awesome. The eight hours of sleep was just what I needed. That was the first time in I don't know how long that I had actually gotten to sleep before midnight. I thought I would continue it last night, but alas, I didn't get to bed until 1:30. Yeah, I'd say that's a little after midnight.

After all the stress of things both personal and work related this week, today was a rough day. My brain was mush. I had to read everything four times before the words on the screen finally had some semblance of meaning. My tired brain and my tired eyes conspired against me. You know it's especially bad when co-workers are asking you if you're okay.

You know how you never fully appreciate something until it's gone? Well, for that reason, today I appreciate sleep. I have had far less of it than I should have had lately, and I'm thankful that I am not doing anything else tonight, which means that if I'm smart, I will get to bed at a decent time. And if I can do that, I know I'll be doubly thankful tomorrow morning for the sleep I get tonight.

This is what I wanted to be doing at work today.

No comments: